Monday 26 March 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 26th March 2012

Well, we all knew it was coming eventually - small gain on the scales for me this morning, quite expected what with my lack of focus last week.  It's a temporary blip though, I'm still keen to get to that stone and a half mark before I head to Scotland, so Virtuous is my watchword this week.

With that in mind, what will we be eating chez nous?

Tonight we're having cheesy chicken and leek pie, with roasted broccoli on the side (D may get some mash but I'm abstaining - see what I mean about virtuous?)

For the rest of the week: the winter minestrone soup, which didn't get made last week is back on the menu despite the fact that it is no longer winter.

The broad beans are still propagating in my freezer - do the damn things breed in there???  So spaghetti with broad beans, peas and goats' cheese one night.  D has requested chilli con carne - a favourite of his, so that's lined up - a good slow cooker dish for an evening where I feel like minimal effort.

Oh, and did you know it's bacon connoisseurs week?  So the lovely Jenny tells me, and I'm always one to mark a Week...we've got some decent bacon and one night we're going to have good old bacon sarnies.  I thought about doing something a little more adventurous, but really, you can't beat a bacon sandwich.

And that gets us to the weekend.  There may well be another pie in our near future, as I have some game mix in the freezer and we're fast leaving pie weather behind us (we hope) but we'll see.

As always, head over to Mrs M's for more meal planning fun.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm, bacon sarnies - worth me ignoring my no-carb rule for from time to time. White bread, butter and ketchup - and the bacon slightly crispy.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon sarnies...the curse of vegetarians (and carb eschewers) everywhere :-)

      Delete
  2. Right. This is like the MILLIONTH time I have tried to comment on your blog posts. Hopefully this time it works. Think it might be hubby's laptop! Anywaaaaaay. Connoisseurs week? Sounds perfect for you! Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. And thanks also for the audiobook advice from weeks ago. Bought an app called "Relax and Sleep" which plays lots of noises which are good in the background (apologies if I have already told you that, can't remember which comments have posted!) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, thanks for the tip - will have to check out that app.

      Sx

      Delete