Monday 12 March 2012

Meal Planning Monday - 12th March 2012

Greetings from not so sunny Manchester! I am writing this from a tram which is rather exciting - I haven't been on one for years.


I lost a pound on the scales this morning which I didn't really deserve. Towards the end of last week I was really struggling; resenting being away from home, resenting being slightly hungry all the time and just generally being rather grumpy.

Anyhoo, I was prepared to accept a gain and seeing a loss was like a gentle nudge to say you CAN do this which is exactly what I needed. It may yet catch up with me though, so best behaviour is required this week.

Onto meal planning - and the beginning of the week sees me roaming again (although home in the evenings) so simplicity is key. That's why Monday and Wednesday will probably be soup, eggs on toast or pasta pesto and Tuesday will see us enjoying the second half of the oxtail stew that we made a few weeks back.

On Thursday we will be having an old favourite - a Madhur Jaffrey prawn curry.

Friday - lime and pepper crusted tuna with cucumber spaghetti and crushed new potatoes.

No firm plans for the weekend as yet, but I am seeing a roast chicken in my future at some point; I still have Christmas sprouts in the freezer to use.

As always, head over to Mrs M's for more meal planning fun.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. The lime and pepper crusted tuna sounds lovely. I love tuna with lime and chilli so I imagine the flavours are similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Manchester! Love a good prawn curry. Just wish my husband liked seafood :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm the tuna meal sounds delish!!

    As ever, keep it up chuck....

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuna sounds yum!

    Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete