Despite ending the week on minus fifteen points (which show up as red in the tracker to further highlight the shame) I lost three pounds this week, taking me to a total of nineteen since the beginning of January. I am (very tentatively) describing this as a roll. As for the minus points - I blame, in part, my discovery of salted caramel profiteroles on Saturday night. Yes, you heard, salted caramel profiteroles. Such deliciousness.
Anyway, on with the meal planning for this week.
- Tonight, we'll be having a "Sunday" roast. This is because I roasted a chicken and prepped some veg yesterday and we then decided to have sandwiches (although, note to self, roast chicken and home made sage and onion stuffing sandwiches are fantastic.)
- Tomorrow I'm away for the night, so D is fending for himself and I will be trying not to drink too much.
- Wednesday - I'll be travelling back from Liverpool and won't arrive till quite late, but I'm hoping D can be prevailed upon to put together a winter minestrone soup with pesto toasts. He's pretty nifty in the kitchen, I reckon he'll manage.
- Thursday - Salmon in a creamy mustard sauce with pasta. Salmon and mustard is a surprisingly lovely combination.
- Friday - Bacon wrapped pigeon breasts with a warm salad of Puy lentils, apple and walnuts.
- Saturday - D is out so I'm home alone. There may be cheesy chips involved.
- Sunday - The remainder of the roast chicken will be transformed into a cheesy chicken and leek pie with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli.