I’ll be away Tuesday night and home late on Wednesday night, so only five household meals to be accounted for this week. We’re still on freezer clearing duty: you’ll notice broad beans to make a sneaky late appearance – I swear that the bag doesn’t appear to be going down at all!
- Tonight – leek and goats’ cheese tart (using pastry from the freezer and goats’ cheese that is currently making the fridge smell a wee bit suspicious)
- Thursday then becomes a belated Shrove Tuesday! Yes, we’re having pancakes for tea. The sensible option would be to cook something light and nutritious and then follow it up with a couple of pancakes; I’m not sensible so I’m going to just eat pancakes. With lemon juice and sugar. Mmmmmm.
- Friday – it’s Fakeaway night! Lamb seekh kebabs in pitta bread, probably with some kind of chilli condiment, and spiced potato wedges.
- On Saturday we’ll be having a stew of oxtail with chorizo and rioja. We’ve made this recipe before and it is absolutely wonderful, so I’ll probably blog about this one separately. At the moment, the plan is to serve it with mashed potato and broad beans with serrano ham. Gorgeous.
- Finally, Sunday, and I’m going to be digging out my beloved Breville to make an old favourite of mine from my university days – smoked salmon and cream cheese toasties.