Monday 13 February 2012

Meal planning Monday - 13th February 2012

I’m only planning meals for Monday through to Wednesday this week. Thursday and Friday will see me living it up in London while D continues to manfully eat his way through the freezer and then on Saturday we’re over to see my parents and my beloved Min for dinner. I haven’t worked out what is happening on Sunday yet, but it will probably involve eating eggs on toast.

  • And speaking of eggs on toast, tonight we’ll be having Eggs Benedict for a light yet indulgent supper. I must confess, the Hollandaise is out of a jar. Housekeeping fail.
  • Tuesday – Valentine’s Day! As you may remember, I am a big fan of this most overblown of fake Hallmark occasions. We’ll be having a steak supper and a bottle of red wine and I’ll spend a couple of minutes trying to make romantic small talk before we revert to normality and start squabbling over my inability to load the dishwasher properly.
  • Wednesday – Chicken and chickpea “stuff” leftovers. In last week’s meal plan it was referred to as a curry, but it turned out more like a stew with a vague hint of chilli. This was a most disappointing recipe so I won’t bother to link or share it - I hate wasting points on boring food. I plan to make it slightly more exciting second time around by bunging a load of sliced jalapenos and some crème fraiche (in place of sour cream) on top.

 As always, head over to Mrs M’s for more meal planning fun.

 

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, we're having lobster and then chateaubriand on Valentines - can't wait! With stilton leeks, mushroom and celeriac chips/mash.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, Peridot, that sounds amazing!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be having um, er, ~cough~, Fish Willies for our Valentines meal.

    Yup! LOL It's actually slices of white fish fillet, marinated in lime juice, wrapped in bacon and baked for 10 mins in a hot oven. Absolutely gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are having spag bol for Valentines!! Its OH's birthday on Friday so we are saving the steak for then>

    ReplyDelete