Thursday, 21 January 2016
73 questions, or, more about me than you ever cared to know
Who doesn't love a good meme? If you have time to spare then come, read my answers to 73 questions as posed by Vogue. If you have still more, why not answer them yourself and join in the egocentric fun!
1. Were you named after anyone? Nope.
2. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday - I had a very sore cricked neck and was feeling sorry for myself. Mind, I cry at the drop of a hat.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Yes! Although my husband claims that he can't read it.
4. What is your favourite lunch? Probably a nice sandwich - tuna mayo with cucumber is hard to beat.
5. Instagram or Twitter? Instagram.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? No. I'd find me highly irritating.
7. Do you bake? Yes.
8. Do you like flying? Not really. I tend to have several stiff drinks before boarding a plane.
9. Would you bungee jump? No, because I'm not an idiot.
10. What is your favourite cereal? Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Nope.
12. Do you think you’re strong? Neither physically nor emotionally.
13. What is your favourite ice cream? Ooooh, tough. We made a Christmas pudding ice cream last year that was gorgeous. And anything with chocolate is good.
14. What is the first thing you notice about someone? I honestly don't know! I often check out wedding fingers for some unknown reason - but I don't know why; I certainly wouldn't judge a person for being married or otherwise.
15. Red or pink? Pink.
16. What is the least favourite thing about yourself? My lack of willpower and drive.
17. Who do you miss the most? I always miss my husband when we're apart. He is my best friend and when he's not there I don't feel quite right.
18. What was the last book you read because everyone was reading it? I don't tend to do that.
19. What film made you cry the most? See above - I cry a LOT and am banned from watching any film where anything happens to an animal. I always well up at the end of Notting Hill.
20. What was the last thing you ate? Dinner - which was spiralised Swede with herb pesto and Parmesan cream.
21. What are you listening to right now? A Spotify playlist by a Guardian journalist called "Background music to read by". Debussy at the moment - lovely.
22. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be? Pink. Or green.
23. Favourite smell? Currently, Jo Malone "Blackberry and Bay" perfume. Also, bacon.
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Um...an accountant's PA. He won't return my calls, the bar steward (work related rather than fun).
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house? I like the sea, hate the beach. Can I sit in the beachside bar?
26. Favourite sport to watch? They're all dull.
27. Hair colour? Dark brown with the odd strand of grey.
28. Eye colour? My brother once described it as untreated sewage. I prefer grey-green.
29. Puppies or kittens? Kittens.
30. Favourite food? Ooooh, another difficult one. Probably cheese. Or sandwiches. Slightly obsessed with halloumi at the moment. My death row dinner, though, is bangers, mash and red onion gravy.
31. Scary film or happy endings? Both!
32. Last film you watched? Er....possibly Star Wars, the first of the original trilogy, with my nephew on New Year's Day. He likes the Stormtroopers.
33. What book are you reading now? The Count of Monte Cristo. Buckle my swash.
34. Summer or winter? Winter.
35. Hugs or kisses? Hugs.
36. Favourite dessert? Anything with chocolate. Or sticky toffee pudding.
37. Favourite room in your house? The one my cat is in.
38. How long have you been on Facebook? I'm not on it. I was but I deleted my account because they took issue with my married name.
39. What is your favourite country to visit? Scotland.
40. What was the last country you visited? Scotland!
42. Favourite sound? My cat purring.
43. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? Beatles.
44. What is the farthest you have been from home? America, I think. California.
45. Do you have a special talent? Procrastination!
46. Where were you born? East London.
47. Where are you living now? North Leeds.
48. Favourite hitchcock movie? Psycho. I've not seen many though.
49. What book have you read again and again? I reread lots of books but my go to comfort blanket of a novel is "Shroud for a Nightingale" by P.D. James.
50. Favourite tv series that’s on now? The most recent series is not long finished - The Bridge.
51. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Both!
52. What’s your favourite drink? Tea. Or gin and tonic if it is after six.
53. Who is your girl crush? Currently Sofia Helin, female star of The Bridge.
54. What was the first film you saw at the cinema? A Disney one I would have thought.
55. Heels or flats? Flats. Ballet pumps.
56. Favourite bed time story? The adventures of Billy the Whippet.
57. Bath or shower? Both, depending on the time of day.
58. Whats the hardest thing about being a mum? I'm not.
59. Favourite band? Ugh, I always go blank on things like this. I adore ABBA. And First Aid Kit are a recent favourite discovery.
60. Favourite solo artist? Um...it's cheesy, but I do like Adele. We've also been listening to Tom Odell's album quite a lot recently and I really like that. Pink is a guilty pleasure.
61. To be or not to be? That is the question!
62. What would be the title of your autobiography? God knows. My life is nowhere near interesting or eventful enough to provide autobiography material. Although that never stopped Jordan.
63. Best gift you’ve ever received? My engagement ring.
64. Best gift you’ve ever given? You'd have to ask them!
65. Favourite fruit? Raspberries.
66. What was your first pet? A budgie called Oscar.
67. Favourite board game? Scrabble.
68. How do you have your coffee? I like it strong with a splash of milk.
69. Best invention? The wheel.
70. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds.
71. Blow dry or air dry? Air dry - I have curly hair and it likes to do its own thing.
72. Cheap or expensive shampoo? I'm not fussy. Actually I don't often use shampoo - I wash my hair with conditioner which helps the curl.
73. How difficult was it to answer these questions? Some harder than others. But fun!