Monday 14 January 2013

Meal planning Monday - 14th January 2013

It's been a while since I threw myself into meal planning but if I'm serious about shifting some poundage this year then it really needs to get back on the agenda.


No particular order, but this week I'll mostly be eating:

• Pizza and salad

• Fish, chips and mushy peas (I have had SUCH a fish and chip craving recently - this is a Tesco Finest ready to bake version which will hopefully scratch that itch without racking up too many points).

• Slow cooked beef and chorizo chilli burritos (or enchiladas - I don't really know the difference. Chilli rolled up in tortilla wraps and then topped with salsa and cheese and baked is what we're aiming for here).

• Chicken, leek and mushroom poe. A poe is a "pie" topped with potato - like shepherds or cottage. D'you think the expression will catch on?

As always, more meal planning fun over at Mrs M's.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard that expression before 'poe' I suppose it makes sense as a pie had a crust and a poe is something different...lol Sounds good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think poe is a fab name! Sounds delicious :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. meal planning is all the chat at WW these days. i find it quite hard as never know what I'll "feel" like. I go for the option of having a lot of good choices at hand: namely baked potatoes or soup. Unfortunately i don't like (read can't be bothered ) to cook from scratch on a week night when I'm hungry. Good for you and your efforts. Are you going to meetings or doing WW on line? Cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poe? - very funny. Will tell my family if I'm making any poe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not convinced that anything that essentially is pronounced as "poo" is ever going to take off as a food choice! But kudos for trying the re-brand!

    The enchilados/burritos sound delicious.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could eat fish, chips and peas all day long. Man I want some now! Thanks for linking up with #mealplanningmonday.

    ReplyDelete