- Monday – D’s homemade chilli, with rice and/or tortilla chips and a dollop of crème fraiche.
- Thursday – Sausages (pork and black pudding, purchased this weekend from our fabulous local farm shop) and baked beans. Perfect nursery food.
- Friday – Pan fried salmon fillets with pasta pesto. One of our favourite simple dinners.
- Saturday – I’m hoping to push the boat out a little more by trying out an idea that we had the other week of lamb and olive burgers, with tapenade mayonnaise and manchego cheese. Probably will serve with home made wedges and salad.
- Sunday – My father in law may be coming round for Sunday lunch. Could be roast chicken, or possibly something a little more simple and summery such as grilled chops with new potatoes and veg. This of course presupposes some sort of summery weather (glares meaningfully at the sky...)
Monday, 2 July 2012
Meal Planning Monday – 2nd July 2012
So finally a week when I am at home for the most part and can actually do some proper meal planning. Apart from the two days when I am not at home – I’m off across the Pennines to do some work in Liverpool. I know, what a jet setter! Most of the meals this week are notable in their simplicity. I’m out of the routine of cooking, and, indeed, planning so I’m going for easy household favourites for the most part: