Monday 30 July 2018

MPM: 30th July 2018

Another weekend gone – honestly, the year is slipping away. We had a nice trip out with family on Saturday, although after my slip up on Friday night, I was absolutely determined to be on plan which proved incredibly difficult with all the gin flying around (not literally you understand). Our hosts had chosen a Turkish “bistro” for dinner, which would not have been my first choice, but I ordered a grilled chicken shish kebab and it turned out to be absolutely gorgeous. I do think that looking at the menu in advance and having a plan is a good practice if you want to remain focused (although rather dull and worthy if you don’t). I barely looked at the menu when we arrived so I couldn’t be distracted by all the other goodies and thus managed to end the evening on track.

And, having hopped on the scales this morning, I am cautiously optimistic that, unless things have yet to catch up with me, I should be posting another loss at WI. I now need to make sure that my inner rebel doesn’t take this as a sign that I can quaff wine with abandon every Friday night and then pull it back by being sensible. Because it doesn’t take much for one night “off” to turn into a whole weekend “off” and that is a far more difficult position to reverse.

Other than tonight, when I am out seeing a friend, we have a full week at home which will be nice from a WW point of view, as it means I don’t have to have one eye on saving points for the weekend. Thus, I think that the meals for this week are an interesting and decidedly non “diety” mix of dishes:

Tuesday: Korean spiced beef and vegetable stew (a freezer dive) with rice and kimchi (apparently, a zero point food! Hurrah!)

Wednesday: A D choice – he is planning to make a punjabi kadhi, which is a spiced yoghurt soup. It was one of his favourite lunchtime dishes at Bundobust, but they removed it from the menu during a recent rejig. This should be interesting, as I have to say that it was never a particular preference of mine, but I’m sure that he can make it work.

Thursday: Aubergine Parmigiana. I’ve been having a fancy for this for a while. I haven’t decided on side dishes yet – I think that I fancy just garlic bread (if I have the points available) and a rocket and Parmesan salad, but was considering the possibility of wild rice.

Friday: Cod with Parma ham and lentils. An old blog recipe, this should work beautifully with Smart Points.

Saturday: Hot dogs! I’m going to get proper franks and proper hot dog buns and then load them with ketchup and American mustard and caramelised onions and sauerkraut. And I might even make a potato salad. Or just serve them with chips.

Sunday: Lamb loin with Parmesan mash and mushrooms. Proper Sunday fare, and an homage to a dish we ate in Paris may moons ago.

Here’s to another great week all round.

1 comment:

  1. Now I really, really want a hot dog.

    Good luck with the WI.

    Px

    ReplyDelete