Monday 26 October 2015

MPM: 26th October 2015



Sorry for the radio silence.  Life, work…it gets in the way of the fun stuff sometimes.  Plus, with D away last week my meal planning was very loose to say the least.  I think that I ate pasta in some shape or form pretty much every day.  What is it about cooking for one that I find so very gloom inducing? 

There has been some cooking going on.  My first attempt at homemade pizza – I mean every element made from scratch – went very well and I am looking forward to trying it again.  Bread making in general is becoming more of a regular feature in my kitchen as I begin to lose my fear of yeast.  Partly because I have realised that my Kitchen Aid’s dough hook can do all the grunt work.  I thought that this might lessen the smugness that arises from producing a freshly baked loaf – but nope.  I’m smug and I don’t have to get my hands too dirty.  Win, win.

This week, very excitingly, we are off to Nottingham for a couple of nights.  One of which will be spent at Restaurant Sat Bains.  This is a joint birthday present from my parents and we are thrilled about it – it is somewhere that we have wanted to try for a very long time.  We’ll be spending a second night in Nottingham and probably dining somewhere slightly more cheap and cheerful.  I.e. basically anywhere. 

Thus the weekend remains a little vague in terms of meal planning – Saturday night it will most likely be a freezer dive when we get home and Sunday, probably a roast.  The other three meals are as follows:

Aubergines baked with mushrooms and ricotta
Heck chickenItalia sausages with potato salad (I’ve been wanting to try these for a while)
Salmon with pasta pesto

More meal planning fun over at Mrs M’s.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a lovely week planned....Enjoy your break away x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great time away! The auberginedish sounds lovely x #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really shouldn't read these posts on starve day!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Heck chicken sausages, hope you enjot them too. You're right, there is something very gloomy about cooking for one. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete