Monday 12 October 2015

MPM: 12th October 2015



It’s a proper Autumn day today, the kind where the air is so cold and sharp that it almost hurts to breathe and the leaves crackle under foot.  A perfect day for a stomp on the moors followed by a hearty slice of game pie in a remote pub.  Sadly, I am at work at a desk that looks over…the back of a cupboard. 

Unusually for us, there is actual social activity this week!  Regular readers of the blog might (quite rightly) have deduced that we are not particularly social animals.  I appear to be getting worse as I grow older.  It is not that I am a total misanthrope, rather that I like to be comfortable in my environment, and my most comfortable environment is my house with my beloved cat and a cup of tea (or glass of wine depending on the time of day).   D is just a misanthrope.

Anyway, on Tuesday I am out seeing a friend for dinner and Bingo (so D must forage for himself), and on Friday D is seeking out real ale in the wilds of West Yorkshire (so I will probably prick and ping).  And on Sunday he is off down to London for a five day training event so, clearly, I will be far too busy weeping into my pillow to eat.  That leaves us four meals to plan and they look a little something like this:

Hake withtapenade and pears – yes, this sounds very weird.  But it is surprisingly delicious; an old favourite that has dropped out of rotation for a while.
Leftover lamb biryani – the Sunday roast’s second innings.
Barolo and mushroom risotto – bumped from last week.
Home made pizzas – my first ever attempt at making pizza dough!  We’re designing a topping each – I’ll be sure to report back.

As ever, more meal planning fun over at Mrs M’s.

2 comments:

  1. That risotto sounds heavenly. And will be most interested in the pizza-off!

    Just catching up & v sorry to read about your grandmother: hope you & yours are coping okay.

    Px

    ReplyDelete