Thursday 2 July 2015

Weather whinge

I made a little promise to myself that I would blog every day this week.  And then yesterday happened and I spent most of it in a puddle moaning, "It's tooooooo hooooooot." 

I do not like heat.  I can cope with the cold quite easily - I am essentially warm blooded, not to mention the fact that I have a decent layer of sub cutaneous insulation (rolls eyes).  But heat?  No, no, no, I do not like it. 

I do not like the sun - my fair, Irish skin will burn within minutes.  I do not like humidity - my naturally curly hair will turn into a halo of frizz, my nose and forehead will become bedewed (deliberately twee word to make the whole process sound vaguely cute) with sweat and I will resemble nothing so much as the witch in The Wizard of Oz - after she started melting.

The cat is not impressed either.  She keeps looking up at me piteously, expecting me to fan her with palm fronds.  I guess she is walking round in a fur coat, poor love.

So listen up weather gods - let's dial it down a notch, shall we?  Sunshine is good but not too intense and a nice, brisk breeze to keep the temperature at a manageable level.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment