Monday 13 July 2015

MPM: 13th July 2015



Just back from a few days down South visiting some of my favourite little people.  My niece and nephew are (and I fully admit that I might be biased) an incredibly gorgeous and engaging pair and an absolute pleasure to visit.  Not to mention my brother and sister in law who somehow manage to make parenthood actually look not only easy(ish) but also pleasurable.

I also had the opportunity to visit one of my oldest friends who has recently had her first baby.  It is a very odd experience seeing someone that you have known since they were in white knee socks becoming a mother.  It doesn't seem all that long ago that we were teetering down Romford High Street smothered in lip gloss.  And now she has a small son.  How times change.

Anyway, back home and back to meal planning.  Actually, D has put together the plan for this week - well, he needed something to do while I was off gallivanting!

Langoustines with sweet potato and chilli vinaigrette (we had this a few weeks ago and enjoyed it so much that it has popped up again - although we're going to try and refine it this time)
Coq au Riesling
The ultimate BLT
Rick Stein's cod curry
Chilli con carne with home made cornbread
Barbecued shoulder of pork

More meal planning fun over at Mrs M's!

1 comment:

  1. Mhmmmmm, droooool. I'm having far too many snacky, bread-based meals so your actual, cooked, grown up food sounds delish. Inspiring...

    ReplyDelete