Monday 26 May 2014

MPM: 26th May 2014



Greetings, and a very happy Bank Holiday to you all!  It is nearly noon and I am still in my pyjamas while the cat and I indulge in some quality duvet time.  

Meal planning this week - well, last night's tea has got bumped to tonight after a post cinema beer went on for rather longer than planned.  Then D is out for beer and burgers on Friday which means S will probably have some entirely random combination of M&S foodstuffs - the last time I was allowed free reign in the Food Hall I had cheesy chips and prawn dim sum for tea.  Meal wise, then, the rest of the week looks like this:

Corned beef with parsley sauce, braised cabbage, roast potatoes, carrot and spring onion mash

Broad bean salad, crispy bacon and griddled courgettes, lemon couscous

Soup!

Chicken Achar - the other half of the batch I made the other week.  A really lovely, tasty curry recipe that I heartily recommend; we say up the lemon juice slightly to increase the sourness but otherwise, definitely a keeper.

Saltimbocca followed by limoncello tiramisu - D is cooking Italian on Saturday night which means I will probably be bidding a fond farewell to most of my weekly points budget...

And a Sunday roast - beef, we think, with all the appropriate trimmings.

More meal planning fun over at Mrs M's.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I've pinned the broad bean salad and lemon cous cous for future meal plans and am very jealous of the limoncello tiramisu!! Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in my pj's all day....lol
    Everything sounds delicious!!
    Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete