Given the number of magazines, pages torn from magazines, recipe books, Internet bookmarks and ideas scribbled on the back of a napkin, I should find meal planning easy. So why is it that every week I find myself scratching my head and saying "Er...pasta pesto?" I think the problem is too much choice! It's paralysing, my friends, paralysing.
Hey ho, and on with this week's plan. This should take us through to the weekend at least and one of these may get bumped if I manage to get down to the market one lunchtime to pick up some asparagus which has come into season.
• Macaroni cheese to use up some of the ageing cheddar lurking in the fridge.
• Hake with tapenade and pears - a Hairy Bikers' recipe and household favourite.
• Sea bass with fennel butter, roasted new potatoes and braised fennel. The fish is from the Waitrose Cook! range - we had this a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it so much it's making a repeat appearance.
• Shepherd's Pie - what with the weather being so unseasonably chilly and damp I've been craving some good, old fashioned nursery food.
• Chunky pea and ham soup with garlic bread - a D special.
As always, head over to Mrs M's for more meal planning fun.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone