Tuesday 24 January 2012

Oh, frabjous day!

aka why you gotta keep the faith (as Bon Jovi so rightly said)

So, you may remember that this time last week I wrote a post all about how I was completely ok with the fact that, despite my bestest efforts, the scales were being a little bit stubborn about moving.  And I wrote how I was being totally Zen (man) and that I trusted in the fact that if I kept on keeping on all would be well.

I am SO glad that I can report this week that I was right in every particular, because I don't know how long I would have been able to sustain that oh-so-sensible outlook.  This week I lost three and three quarter pounds, bringing my total for January up to four.  Which, at a rate of between one and one and a half pounds per week is absolutely perfect.  I am very happy.

I am not just very happy because I have lost some weight.  I am happy because I have done it with relatively little pain.  I look back at what I have been consuming over the last couple of weeks and can honestly say that it has been tasty, enjoyable and it is a way of eating to which I am happy to adhere.  That's the key, isn't it?  Whether you want to lose weight or maintain weight, you can only do it in the longterm if you eat in a way that you enjoy and that fits in with your lifestyle.  Hopefully when I'm back at home, I'll have time to blog a few more recipes - they  have been a bit thin on the ground recently and I've got some dishes that I would really love to share with you.

So this week and next week, being away from home Monday to Friday, are going to be a little trickier.  I am estimating points for everything I eat and hoping to fit a few swims in, and we'll see what happens.  I know from experience that I can quite easily maintain when I'm out of my home environment and I'm hoping that by being extra vigilant and trying to cut down on a few extras that sneak in (like biscuits with afternoon coffee and wine with dinner) I can manage a small downwards drift.  We'll see.  It's all good (man).

4 comments:

  1. Well done! I'm so pleased for you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - great news, well done!

    I seem to have 'achieved' a pitiful 2.5lb loss this month (since January runs out before the next WI day).

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, maan! Stay coool.

    Nah, well done, that's great news. Keep it up.

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's brilliant for one week, well done. It's strange how some weeks you are really good but it seems to go on, and others it just drops off. (I think I should eat a mars bar now that will probably do me good....) I've given up alcohol this week - not finding it easy!!!

    ReplyDelete