Thursday 9 August 2018

Weight loss diary: July / August 2018

I haven’t been doing weekly weigh in updates as I was worried they would be rather tedious for…well, everyone but me. Instead, have a monthly update!

The scores on the doors for my first month on WW Flex:

Week 1: +1lb
Week 2: -4lbs
Week 3: - 2lbs
Week 4: -3.5lbs

Total: -8.5lbs

Additional notes:

During this month, I tracked all but one single day, which dedication is borne out by these results (first week aberration aside). I ate out at non-chain (and therefore difficult-to-track-with-any-degree-of-accuracy) restaurants on three occasions and guesstimated each time, obviously with some degree of success. I’ve eschewed alcohol for the most part, which I think has made a big difference in making the points go further.

I believe that is a slightly slower rate of loss than when I started back on Pro Points in 2013. But I am five years older and my start weight was a good few stone lighter, so it is not very surprising. I also think that I am probably eating better, although it is obviously very hard to know for sure given that I have killed so many brain cells off with gin between then and now that my recall is probably shot to pieces.

One thing is for sure. I went back to WW because I felt, very acutely, that I needed to do something positive for my physical and mental health and, for me, it was most definitely the right decision at the right time. Over the course of just four weeks I have seen a demonstrable improvement in…well, pretty much everything, and the fact that I have lost over half a stone on top of that is just wonderful. I don’t expect that either the current rate of loss or the current level of enthusiasm will continue unchecked but for now, things are looking good.

3 comments:

  1. Woooo Hoooo!! That is marvellous news. Yes the 8.5lbs off is great but better is the feeling of being in charge again and enjoying life. Good for you and keep it up!! Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! A very satisfying loss. And feeling in control and motivated is fantastic.

    I’ve just eaten some chocolate since I can’t work out the calories for tonight’s meal - and am dreading it in any case. This is not good. Any tips for being less rubbish would be gratefully received!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly don’t need tips from me. It’s always easy in the beginning. I just hope that I can muster some of the determination that you and L have been exhibiting lately when I get a bit further down the road and the novelty has worn off! x

      Delete