Monday 11 July 2016

Back in the saddle with an MPM

I haven't really been blogging lately. In between stress over work and exams and stress over the general state of the country I appear to have developed a serious case of ennui. I've been studiously avoiding the news as far as possible and binge reading trashy novels which is not necessarily contributing to my intellectual development but has the advantage of keeping me relatively sane.

This week, though, I am going to try and post something EVERY DAY. Even if it just a picture of the cat and a gushing comment about how beautiful she is. And what better place to start than a Meal Planning Monday?

This week, I am out with some girls from work on Friday to eat tapas, drink gin and set the world to rights. Other than that we are to be found at the homestead so six meals have been lined up for our delight and delectation:

Monday: Kedgeree

Tuesday: Corned beef hash

Wednesday: fresh soup

Thursday: coconut poached chicken with stir fried vegetables and a coconut, lime and fish sauce dressing

Saturday: homemade pizza

Sunday: Osso Bucco with saffron risotto

A mix there of old favourites and new recipes, with the weekend looking pleasingly Italian. Whatever you are cooking and eating next week, have a good one and please let me know any particular favourite escapist fiction in the comments - I'm always after new recommendations!

2 comments:

  1. City on Fire is an enormous book (like 800 pages) set in New York in the '70s, but despite its size it reads super quickly. I also quite liked The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney, which starts off amazingly and then has (in my opinion) a somewhat disappointing/frustrating end) but is still enjoyable. If you've never read Seating Arrangements by Maggie Shipstead I am super jealous of you for getting to read it for the first time -- it sounds chicklitty (not necessarily bad in my as-yet-unwritten-book) but is actually a beautiful book that takes place over a weekend at a wedding in Maine, and which I devoured in less than a weekend. Finally, given your love of food AND books, have you checked out Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler? Have a good one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, thank you! They all sound like just the sort of things I am after. And yes, I keep meaning to get hold of Sweetbitter! Maybe I will finally treat myself this weekend.

    ReplyDelete