Wednesday 22 October 2014

Weigh in Wednesday - the rollover edition

Previously on WWF: -50lbs
Last week: -1.5lbs
This week: +2.5
Total loss: 49lbs

I don't understand what it is about the 50lb milestone that I find so very difficult to get past.  Both earlier this year and now I seem to bounce around it as if it is some sort of weird WW lodestar.  And from chatting to some others on the WW UK messageboards it doesn't seem to be all that uncommon to get a bit stuck at the big 5-0.

One (very sensible) lady (who lost around eight stone to get to goal) said that she found her motivation waned when she began to look more "socially acceptable" and I sort of know what she means.  Although still demonstrably Weeble like I am significantly less Weeble like than I was this time last year.  But still too Weeble like for anyone's aesthetic comfort.

Perhaps it is just unfortunate timing and I need to grit my teeth and keep on going.  I always knew that I would have a difficult few weeks (diet wise) mid to late October what with a long weekend in London just gone and then D's birthday trip to Edinburgh which will be in little over a week.  November is looking much quieter socially so will be an ideal time to knuckle down and really push past this 50lb barrier.  And I have no excuse to not get a decent loss under my belt over the next seven days.

1 comment:

  1. I found this quite interesting. I have been half-heartedly trying to lose half a stone - when I got to Goal with WW (admittedly aged 21, 7 years ago) I was 10s exactly - I'm now struggling to get below 10s7. I think it's because logically I know I am still in the healthy range - even though a few lbs would make my clothes fit me better... Although funnily I struggled to get below 10s6 when I was on my way to goal (about 35lbs down). I do wonder if every body has it's natural "this is a good zone" weight, which combined with the socially acceptable makes it physically as well as mentally tricky?
    Sorry - longest comment ever!

    In unrelated comments - hope you love Edinburgh! If you've not been before and wants some tips, feel free to tweet me!

    ReplyDelete