Sunday 5 May 2019

MPM: 6th May 2019

I genuinely don't know where this year is going.  May, already?  Bonkers! 

Anyway, we are currently dahn sarf with the family, so this is a pre-recorded message...


Meal planning this week proceeds thusly:

Monday: away from home.  Not sure what the plan is. 

Tuesday: back home.  Probably a lazyish tea.  We mentioned pasta pesto with salmon, which requires minimal effort and mainly storecupboard ingredients.  If we can't be bothered to go to the supermarket after the long drive back from Essex, it may just be pasta pesto.  That's OK with me, to be honest.  I like pasta pesto.

Wednesday: D is doing a variation (what form this variation will take has yet to be revealed) of an old favourite: pepper crusted tuna steak with cucumber and mustard "spaghetti".

Thursday:  I was keen to throw a nice veggie meal into the mix, so I've opted for Ottolenghi's shakshuka which I've been craving recently.  Homemade flatbreads on the side.

Friday: At D's request, fish and chips.

Saturday: Chicken schnitzel, Parmesan mashed potatoes and a creamy mushroom sauce.

Sunday:  I have some pickled rhubarb and ginger mix leftover from Easter Sunday and I've become slightly obsessed with the idea that it would work really well with duck.  So I'm going to make slow roasted duck legs with rhubarb.  Not sure of the sides yet, or how the dish will look, but if it works out well then I'll be sure to report back.

Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and happy cooking les touts!

No comments:

Post a Comment