Friday 1 September 2017

Back to skool

I think that I have said on here before that the beginning of September is almost as exciting a fresh start for me as that of January.  The new school year - a time of shiny new pencil cases and virgin exercise books, a time to cast off old habits and commit to a life of scholarly endeavour.  Ooooh, it gives me tingles.

So it seems appropriate to come back to blogging on the 1 September, after a good few weeks lounging on my sickbed.  Everything seemed to go well and, to be honest, it has not particularly been pain or discomfort which has kept me from blogging but indolence combined with a general lack of interest in food.

However.  I am back to work on Monday and keen to make the most of the last third of the year.  In this vein, in the vein of new beginnings, D has challenged me to blog every day in September and I have agreed to give it a go, although I can't promise that some of the posts won't end up as Dear Diary...Here Is The Food Wot I Ate type entries.  Lucky readers.

He has also challenged me to start the couch to 5k programme AND to be booze free. These are, all three, lofty goals but I am assured that there are presents to be had if I succeed in any or all of them and if there is one thing to which I am susceptible it is bribery.  Hopefully, by combining them with continued adherence to 5:2 I will shift a decent chunk of lard - it certainly seemed to work well in January.

So, I hope that all out that in the blogosphere are well and thriving (Peridot - I am SO sorry for not answering the comment that you left on my last post.  No excuses other than the aforementioned indolence and struggling to drag myself away from my Kindle some days) and I look forward to sharing my September adventures with you.  I'll bet that you can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment