Monday 15 February 2016

MPM: 15th February 2016

It is Sunday afternoon as I write this and Sounds of the Seventies is on in the background. Satisfyingly Sundayish. This weekend has mainly been about cooking - a four course Valentine's extravaganza last night (very good, if I do say myself and which probably merits a blogpost of its own) and pottering with the Sunday roast today. So far, I've parboiled potatoes, and made herby carrot mash and cauliflower cheese to accompany the pork shoulder. Frankly, I don't think we'll need the meat.

So, what does this week look like meal planning wise?

I'm out on Thursday - off down to London to see Matthew Perry's play. Yes, I know the review have been awful, but I was a teenager in the nineties and convinced that I was going to end up Mrs Matthew Perry (or, more accurately, Mrs Chandler Bing). I couldn't not see it, and even though I will spend eight hours getting there and back on a National Express coach, I am squeeingly excited. D will have to fend for himself.

We had chilli scheduled for Saturday but might need to eat down the freezer a bit before attempting to squeeze another batch cook in there. Otherwise, we have:

Leftover chilli crab cakes (from Saturday night) with salady bits
A mussel spaghetti, similar in style to this one to use up some leftover mussels (from Saturday night. Are you sensing a theme?)
Vietnamese style braised roast pork with vegetable egg fried rice
Mackerel fillets with a giant couscous salad
Roast lamb

More meal planning fun over at Mrs M's.

2 comments:

  1. Making the mistake - again - of reading this on a starve day but the pork and rice is my choice from that lip-smacking menu!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making the mistake - again - of reading this on a starve day but the pork and rice is my choice from that lip-smacking menu!

    Px

    ReplyDelete