Wednesday 23 December 2015

Foodie on a diet: 2015 round-up

Cats, books, life is good
2015 has not always been a very easy year.  In fact, at times, it has been downright unpleasant.  I can't say that I am sorry to see it go.

And yet, in its final weeks I find myself happier and more content than I have been for a very long time.  I look at my life and I like what I see.  I am excited for the future.

Anyone who has experienced any sort of depression will know that it can feel like being in the centre of a dense bank of fog.  Well, right at this moment, I feel like I've walked through the fog and have emerged at the top of the hill where the sun is shining and the view is great.

Let's not pretend that I have made any sort of progress on the weight loss front this year - but, I am in a really positive state of mind to crack on next year.  And I also think that just being able to cook and eat instinctively has been good for me - relentless tracking can be a bit joy sucking at times. But I'm ready to start up again.  And, to make life easier, D is also keen to get fitter and healthier in 2016.

There is lots and lots to be thankful for and lots and lots to which we can look forward, and that is a good thing.  To all the lovely readers of this blog, whether you have commented this year or not, a very warm thank you, a virtual glass of Baileys and a heartfelt wish that you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and a great start to the New Year.

2 comments:

  1. I think this basically sums up quite nice how I feel too at the moment. Not depression, but just stress and change and progress made. Here's to next year!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely drink to a happy and healthy 2016! I'm glad you are feeling positive. I'm looking forward to 2016 too (having just booked 2 holidays certainly helps). Now I just need to work out which pub in Leeds would be the best location for a glass or 3 of Baileys...

    ReplyDelete