Thursday 30 September 2010

Going backwards to go forwards

When I first started writing on this blog I was attending a weekly Weight Watcher meeting. Soon afterwards, I stopped. I knew the plan so well that I never felt I got anything much out of the meetings – and I decided that paying someone to weigh me every week was just not a good use of resources, so, I switched back to being an online user.

And promptly stopped losing weight.

And then gained some.

Well, more than some. A stone, actually. Which in six months is really…not good.

It’s all very well to want to save a bit of money, and no doubt it would all have turned out fine if I was capable of being honest with myself. But, as it turns out, when it comes to food I can’t be. Honest, that is. I’m very good at kidding myself, I’ve had twenty nine years of practice.

So, I’m tucking my tail between my legs, hanging my head in shame and going back to meetings. If I have to pay £20 a month then so be it – it’s money well spent if it means I’m going to be sticking to the plan and losing weight. Obviously the little bit of ritual humiliation that is climbing on weighing scales in public is the kick up the arse I need.

And making the decision has had an immediately positive effect – last night D and I did a freezer inventory and put together a meal plan for next week which is the most organised we’ve been for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I was exactly the same. I hate paying just to get weighed as I rarely stay to the meetings, but if I just do it online, I completely lie to myself.

    Good luck!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck hun, it'll be free once you get to goal! That's what I keep telling myself anyway!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete