Friday 12 June 2020

Blog admin

This poor old blog has been a little bit neglected of late so I have started doing a little bit of tidying up and sorting out and updating.  The Eating Out page now, finally, stretches past 2017.

I have also added a couple of pages  On the first, foodie shopping bookmarks, I have started putting together a list of some of the online resources that we use when we have cash to flash.  Some of these will be local to Leeds but they will be marked so it is obvious.  Lockdown has made us even more reliant on deliveries than usual and lots of places, local and national, big and small, have really come through.  Just last night we enjoyed a bread and cheese supper courtesy of the very wonderful George and Joseph and Bluebird Bakery.  The latter does the nicest sourdough that, I think, I have ever had,

Just below that we have a recipe bookmark page.  This is an opportunity for me to bring together and share fantastic recipes from around the Internet.  Everything I list on here I have cooked myself and think the recipe can be trusted.  If I change something extensively, I will likely post it myself in which case it will continue to appear on the standard blog Recipe Index.  But I've always been a little bit wary of just typing up other people's recipes for the blog and this feels like a more sensible way of doing it.

I'll add dishes as and when they occur to me, but for starters there is a gorgeous basic wholemeal loaf, a storecupboard pasta dish, a mushroom curry that tastes far more than the sum of its parts and the very cake that led to my recent minor meltdown.

Happy cooking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment