Monday 4 June 2018

MPM: 4th June 2018

Last week of work before a little break. Phew! There’s been the odd long weekend here and there, but otherwise, we’ve not had a proper stretch of time off since January.

If I’m honest (and I can’t lie to you Dearest Reader), fasting has completely dropped off a cliff recently. And I’ve noticed that the scales have crept up a couple of pounds. So a nice break and a proper recharge will hopefully give me a much needed mental boost and ability to recommit.

So, onto this week’s meal plan. I’m going to stubbornly put soup down for Monday and Thursday so as to start out with good intentions.

Monday: soup

Tuesday: kedgeree

Wednesday: pea and harm tortellini, tossed in butter, Parmesan and black pepper

Thursday: soup

Friday: we start the holiday with appropriately festive fare...fish and chips

Saturday: home made pizza. Haven’t done that for ages.

Sunday: freezer diving. How thrilling! Although we may just end up eating leftover pizza...

6 comments:

  1. Hurrah for breaks and fish and chips! Cheap (and it MUST be cheap) champagne goes very well with the latter. All champagne goes well with the former!

    Px

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Serious q: Do you have a preferred cheap fizz?

      Delete
    2. Supermarket own. Cheap as possible as you need it to be high acidity to cut through the fat and cope with the vinegar. A NZ Sauvignon Blanc also works, but I like the swankiness - and juxtaposition- of the fizz.

      Px

      Delete
    3. I shall be sure and stop off at our little Sainsbury’s Local on the way home for the cheapest fizz I can find!!

      Delete
  2. Hope your last week before hols treats you kindly. I'm struggling a bit with dieting too so MUST recommit asap. Lxx

    (PS. I intrigued by the "pea and harm" tortellini. Do you stab yourself and allow a little blood into the mix or is mere pain sufficient, a steam burn perhaps?? 😉😉)

    ReplyDelete