Monday 21 May 2018

MPM: 21st May 2018

A lot of the dishes on our menu recently have had a definite Asian slant. It just seems to be the direction in which my mind wanders when I start to think about what I want to eat. Now, obviously, Asia is a massive continent - both literally and in terms of culinary diversity, but I trust that you know what I mean when I make such sweeping statements.

This week, we are going out to dinner with Pater and Mater on Saturday, to celebrate the latter’s birthday. And, inevitably and ever optimistically, we have planned to eat soup on both Monday and Thursday. I am beginning to hate soup. Elsewhere:

Tuesday: we have leftovers of Sunday’s lemongrass and turmeric chicken to eat up, so we’re going to do an approximation of a bahn mi, by shredding it into a baguette with some crunchy veg and a slather of chicken liver pate.

Wednesday: paneer, red pepper and coconut curry. I LOVE a paneer based curry.

Friday: five spice caramel pork. I want to have this with noodles if D is agreeable (he is not the biggest fan of noodles in the world), if not, I am sure it will work equally well with rice.

Sunday: a recipe from “Our Korean Kitchen” - a spicy beef and vegetable stew, served with rice.

Happy Monday everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, that's pretty asian!! Sounds tasty though and sorry about the soup....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pork sounds delicious. I like noodles (especially with beansprouts) but I love rice. Possibly my favourite carb...

    Px

    ReplyDelete