Monday 6 November 2017

MPM: 6th November 2017

We are just back from a lovely few days away in Northumberland (hence the lack of meal planning post last week).  I say just back - we actually returned on Thursday but I have spent all my time since Lying Around and doing Nothing Much.  Which has been very nice.  I am not the sort of person who feels the need to fill my time with activities...sometimes this makes me feel guilty, most of the time I just embrace the sloth.


Exciting moment this morning though - I have actually managed to lose a [tiny] bit of weight over the last fortnight, which means that today I weighed in at my lowest point so far this year.  Which has given my enthusiasm for fasting a definite boost.  I want to see new numbers on those scales, launch into Fresh Fat.  Whether that is doable or not, especially given the time of the year, remains slightly doubtful, but I'm going to give it a good go (stay tuned to see if this enthusiasm manages to last more than, oh, a week).


So two fast days this week, and one midweek catch-up with one of my oldest and dearest friends at Leeds institution, Friends of Ham.  Elsewhere:


Monday: Fast day - soup


Tuesday:  Pasta with a mussel and chorizo sauce


Wednesday:  Out (D says that he is going to raid the cupboards.  I suspect that he may end up at the chip shop).


Thursday: Fast day - soup


Friday:  Fish - we haven't got any further than that so far, as D is going to buy whatever looks nice in the fish shop and then we'll decide on appropriate accompaniments.  To be honest, in the current climate I'm working on the basis that it will take a lot to dissuade me from a nice pan fried slab of crisp-skinned fish and a mountain of creamy mash.


Saturday:  Chicken Xacutti with rice and naan bread


Sunday:  D's famous rabbit pie. With yet more of the aforementioned creamy mash.  God bless mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment