I’m treading water on the diet front: not gaining but not losing and feeling rather apathetic about the whole business. Bah, this probably needs another navel gazing post at some point.
On the cooking side of things, I’ve also been less than sterling recently. We had Birds Eye Southern Fried chicken fillets in buns for tea on Saturday night. Actually, they were very nice, but it’s hardly haute cuisine is it? Anyway, I’m only away for one day this week so there is no excuse for not meal planning and definitely no excuse for not actually getting off my behind to cook. So, in roughly this order…
- Pan fried salmon fillets with new potatoes and minted peas
- Chicken thighs with a creamy, mustardy broad bean sauce and mashed potatoes
- Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toasted bagels
- Sea bass with braised fennel
- Curried lamb shanks with pilau rice
- Roast chicken with all the trimmings
The leftover roast chicken will provide D with the basis for a couple of meals next week when I’m away, and I also intend to make up a big bowl of chilli for him at the weekend. He has also requested a loaf or two of banana bread using up some of the bananas that lurk within the deepest recesses of the freezer so that will at least gve my beloved Kitchenaid a work out.
As always, head over to Mrs M's for more meal planning fun.